Monday, February 7, 2011

Stars Above Us by Geoffrey Norman illustrated by E.B. Lewis


2009/32 pgs

About the Book: A little girl and her father find a way to combat her fear of the dark.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: This is my least favorite nominee on the Show-Me Readers list and honestly, I'm not really sure why I didn't like it.

I thought the story was a bit boring and not that well written which is maybe why I wasn't a big fan. Amanda is afraid of the dark and her dad helps her put glow in the dark stars on her ceiling. Then he tells her that she can look at the North Star when he's away.

We're never really told why Amanda's father is away or that he's in the Army, but we see that in pictures. I think I felt like the whole book never really seemed to flow-it just went from one story idea to another and didn't fully come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment