Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls

by Steve Hockensmith, 287 pages

In the small town of Meryton, Hertfordshire, people begin to panic as dreadfuls begin to arrive. The only hope for the town is the Bennet Family. Oscar Bennet begins to training is five daugthers to fight the dreadfuls. The town considers this very unlady-like behavior and thinks they are strange. Elizabeth Bennet, one of the main characters is transformed from a naive young girl into a slayer of the undead. On her journey she gains the affection of two men:  Master Hawkswork, a strong warrior and Dr. Keckilpenny, a scientist.

I decided to read this book, because zombies seem to be becoming a popular theme for books, so I wanted to see if they were any good. I found that this book exceeded my expectations and I would suggest other people to read it. There is romance, action, and comedy provided in this book and some really good illustrations.

2 comments:

  1. My mom told me to read this book which surprised me because it's about zombies! But she loved it because she's a fan of the author-he has a mystery sereis too that's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" as well as this prequel! The illustrations and their accompanying captions are my favorite part. If you liked this one, I recommend "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" by Seth Grahame-Smith (author of "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies"); it's a similar type of humor but with a fresh idea.

    ReplyDelete