Monday, February 7, 2011


Gin Tama: Volume 1: No One With Wavy Hair Can Be That Bad

by Hideaki Sorachi
200 p.
Aliens have invaded Japan and have taken over. Samurais have been outlawed and theirs swords banned. So what's an unemployed, former samurai to do? Whatever he can to make money. That's exactly what Gintoki "Odd Jobs Gin" Sakata intends to do. In this volume, Gin meets a new sidekick in Shinpachi Shimura, a poor lad struggling to help his sister pay off a massive debt inherited from their father. Later Shinpachi and Gin meet an alien girl who is super strong, super hungry, and doesn't speak Japanese very well. I've got to say that this is one hilarious manga as the jokes and prat-falls keep coming.

1 comment:

  1. I LOOOOOOVE Gintama!!! So much so that I want to own the books so I can snort at the ridiculousness whenever I want. Same goes for the equally hilarious animé. I love Shinsengumi-related stuff, and this playful "historical" series is right up my alley. I'm so glad somebody else likes Gin-san and company! :D

    ReplyDelete