Saturday, February 12, 2011

Skinny Dip


by Carl Hiassen, 2004, 355 p.

Let me start by stating my disdain for mysteries. If I have to read one more description about a disgruntled reporter/lawyer/detective drinking stale coffee, talking about how they live in squalor because they just don't care, then bagging the "hot broad" that came begging for help, I will turn in my library card.

Thankfully, there is none of that with Mr. Hiaasen, whose personal story is just as interesting as the tales he weaves. Hiaasen masterfully tells the story of Joey, who has just been pushed off a cruise ship by her darling husband, Chaz. And really, things can only get better from there. Joey and a cast of eccentric Floridians weave a humorous tale of adultery, snark, revenge, love, pollution, drugs and a well-placed shamrock...

1 comment:

  1. I am not a big fan of mysteries either, but this sounds like one I could get into!

    ReplyDelete