Sunday, February 6, 2011

"The Dead and the Gone" by Susan Beth Pfeffer


321 pages

This is the second book in the "Last Survivors" series. In the first, "Life As We Knew It," an asteroid hits the moon, which pushes it closer to Earth and causes a series of climatic catastrophes. This second book covers the same event and its aftermath from the perspective of different characters in a different part of the country. I usually like apocalyptic novels, and this series keeps me interested because it's a unique scenario (different from anything I've read, at least). I've never really thought about how much the influence the moon has on our weather and climate. Many parts are heart-breaking (which I don't mind because it makes it more realistic and adds suspense), but the ending is ultimately hopeful. I'm looking forward to the third book, "This World We Live In," which brings together characters from each of the first two books.

No comments:

Post a Comment