Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Wonderful Book by Leonid Gore

2010/32pgs.

About the Book: When a book goes missing in the woods it finds many new owners and new uses.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: This is a cute little picture books about books and reading, but not my favorite and one I wouldn't seek out and read again.

A book is found by various animals in the woods and each animal thinks of a different use for it. The book becomes a hat, a bed, and a tasty treat before the animals realize the true use of the book. I liked the concept and the illustrations are cute, so I'm not sure why I didn't enjoy it. Maybe it felt a bit simple and sweet when I wanted a bit more. It would be a fun book to use in storytime though and I think young readers will get a kick out of the things the animals use the book for.

No comments:

Post a Comment