Monday, February 14, 2011

High School Debut: Volume 13

by Kazune Kawahara, 180 pages

Yoh's graduation is fast-approaching and so are his college entrance exams. Haruna supports him 100% as she explores her own future goals and opportunities. But when she learns his chosen university is far away in Tokyo, will she still be able to let him go, knowing he'd stay if she asked? Can their relationship survive a year apart??

Ah, high school. The laughs and sweetness keep this series from falling into the melodrama mire that often accompanies the dreaded graduation dilemma--clear through the last panel of this, the last volume. Recommended for your teens (or yourselves) who don't take themselves so seriously (or who need to learn how not to). :P

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love High School Debut! I haven't read too many of them-I can't keep up with long series. But I really enjoyed the volumes I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Sarah! This is the last volume (I think I forgot to mention that in the review--will have to edit), so if you decide you want to catch up, we've got 'em all. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! I will now go back and read them all. I have to read them when the series is over or I won't remember anything!

    ReplyDelete