Monday, February 14, 2011

"Wicked Appetite" by Janet Evanovich


320 pages

Lizzy Tucker has just moved from New York City to Massachusetts and she thinks her life is finally going to settle down. Then a handsome stranger named Diesel appears and suddenly everything is turned upside down. He tells her that there Seven Stones of Power, each said to represent one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and they've ended up in nearby Salem, Massachusetts. Diesel's dangerous cousin Wulf will stop at nothing to find them, and he needs Lizzy to do that. Lizzy and Diesel have to find the Stones before Wulf does or he'll use their power for evil.

This book is as lighthearted and silly as the other two Janet Evanovich books I've read ("Finger Lickin' Fifteen" and "Sizzling Sixteen"). There are plenty of holes in the story, but it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously so the ridiculousness didn't bother me much. I really liked the quirky characters and the way they interact with each other. There are a few laugh-out-loud moments, but several of the jokes are overdone, in my opinion (if I read about the monkey flipping somebody off one more time, I might go insane). Still, this is a good book to go for when you want some mindless fun, and I don't think Evanovich fans won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment