Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mr. Putney's Quacking Dog by Jon Agee

2010/48pgs.

About the Book: Mr. Putney has some very unsual animal friends. Can you guess what their names are?

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: I LOVED this book! I took it home to read to my husband (who isn't one who will willingly let me read him picture books often!) and we both had a blast with it.

Mr. Putney's Quacking Dog is full of world play. Who wakes Mr. Putney up in the morning? An ALARMadillo!! The drawings are fun and have a classic, James Marshall/Jules Feiffer feel to them.

But the illustrations are just half the fun. Reading the book and trying to figure out what the animal name is what makes the book. And not all the animals are easy to figure out which makes it perfect for older readers. I would even read this one with tweens and teens. And it's perfect for tweens looking for a new joke or riddle to tickle their funny bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment