Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"The Strange Case of Origami Yoda" by Tom Angleberger

144 pages

Dwight is the smelly, not-so-bright kid in his sixth-grade class. But his Origami Yoda finger puppet is full of great advice and even some accurate predictions, and his classmates start to wonder if it's possible for clueless Dwight to be the source of such wisdom. Maybe Origami Yoda really is connected to The Force! But Tommy has to be sure because the stakes are high: he's about to take Origami Yoda's advice about a girl. If Yoda is wrong, Tommy could be humiliated. So Tommy compiles the evidence here in "The Strange Case of Origami Yoda" so he can make an informed decision--and as you read, you can decide for yourself whether or not Origami Yoda is real!

This is my favorite book that I've read so far this year. It's totally random, clever, and cute--all things that I LOVE in books. The characters remind me of myself and my friends when we were in sixth grade. Fun, fun, fun!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this book! It just won the Cybils award for MG fiction. (Cybils is the blogosphere book award) I can't wait for the next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The sequel, "Darth Paper Strikes Back," is supposed to be available this fall...yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try to work my ARC magic for you Heather!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That would be amazing--I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete