Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Vile: A Cautionary Tale for Little Monsters by Mark Robinson, illustrated by Sarah Horne

2011/32pgs.

About the Book: What if you're a monster with no manners? Where do you go to school? The University of Vile of course, where arguing, pushing, poor hygine and bad habits are encouraged!

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: I was very disappointed in this book. I think I was expecting more from the title. I guess it could be seen as a cautionary tale because we learn what happens when bad mannered monsters learn to be nice and where they are sent. But cautionary doesn't seem like the right word because we're never told that we're supposed to be on the side of the University of Vile and want to go there. Maybe kids will like it and there's lots of gross moments. I was just expecting more humor and a different story I think so this one let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment