Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ready for Anything by Keiko Kasza

2009/32 pgs

About the Book: Duck wants to go on a picnic. But Raccoon is very worried about everything that could happen when the friends venture outside. Duck always counters with the fun the two will have on their adventure. Raccoon learns that he can be ready for anything and enjoy a day out with a friend.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: Ready for Anything is on the 2011 Building Block list and while it's a cute book, I'm a bit torn on how much I enjoyed it.

I loved the illustrations and I loved Raccoon's crazy ideas for what could happen on their picnic. I think this could be a great book to read with a child who is prone to worry. But for me, the book didn't flow as nicely as I thought it could. As a whole, the book is cute, and the ending funny, but there were several points where I thought the book was ending and it just kept going. This made it a bit of a jarring read since I kept expecting an ending.

I'm also not sure if this would be something I'd pick for storytime, instead I think it would be a good one on one read.

No comments:

Post a Comment