Monday, March 21, 2011

The Boy and the Moon by James Christopher Carroll

2010/32 pgs

About the Book: A boy and his friends go out to play, only to discover the moon has been trapped in the branches of a tree. The boy must be brave and rescue the moon so it can shine in the night sky.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: I know, don't judge a book by it's cover. But that's exactly what I did when I picked this one up-and can you blame me? That cover is gorgeous! The illustrations inside don't disappoint and the beautiful paintings inside invoke the beauty and quiet of the night.

The text pairs well with the illustrations and this is a beautiful, quiet book that is excellent for bedtime. There's a bit of magic and the story comes to life thanks to the illustrations. Young readers are sure to be delighted with this tale. Pair this one with poems from Switching on the Moon for a great bedtime themed storytime. I plan on purchasing this one as a baby gift and it's going on my list of great book gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment