Monday, March 21, 2011

The Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle: The Thing Beneath the Bed by Pat Rothfuss, illustrated by Nate Taylor

2010/68 pgs
About the Book: The Princess lives in a marzipan castle and plays with her teddy bear Mr. Whiffle. Life is wonderful-except for the thing beneath the bed.
Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: Patrick Rothfuss, of The Kingkiller Chronicle Fame, tries his hand at a picture for adults-the key words here being for adults. This is not a picture book for children, even if it does look sweet and fairy tale-esque. This is a book for adults with a dark sense of humor and I found it hysterical (not sure what that says about me!) The first review on Amazon states that this would be a book that would make Voldemort giggle-and I have to agree.
There are three endings-one happy, one horrible and one true ending. You can stop at whatever ending you please, but the fun is, of course, in reading all three and watching the story progress. I've already recommended this to friends and I plan on purchasing this for my own library collection. It will be a book I pull out when friends are over that I just have to share!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this creepy thing is hilarious! I chuckle just thinking about it. The wacky pictures are perfect.

    ReplyDelete