Monday, June 25, 2012

The Art of George R R Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, volume 2

 
by various artists, 189 pages

I just read Volume 2 of the Game of Thrones art series, and I realized why I hadn't heard of many of the artists. Most of the art was commissioned for the Game of Thrones game cards, which explains why so many of the artists are from Europe, as in outsourced. A good number of the images are from A Feast for Crows, which is the fourth book of the Song of Ice and Fire series. I am starting to be able to pick out some of my favorite artists by their style. I especially like the scenes painted by Michael Komarck and Christine Griffin.

If you are a fan of fantasy art in general, or a fan of Martin's, you should be interested in this series.

Above: Ned Stark by Michael Komarck and Sansa Stark by Christine Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment