Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Made for Each Other Or I Made My Prom Date Or Hunkenstein Or Love in Stitches Or Our Love's Aliiiive (My Boyfriend Is a Monster #2)" by Paul Storrie


127 pages

Maria has recently moved to Alaska to live with her Aunt Sophie after her parents died in a car accident. Now there's an even newer kid in town--Tom--and all the girls in school are going crazy for his hunkiness. To their dismay, Tom and Maria make an instant connection and he doesn't have eyes for anyone else. Maria soon discovers, however, that there's more to Tom than a stunning face and perfect body. He's actually a Frankenstein monster of sorts, and his family members (also reanimated monsters) have some major issues that threaten to come between Tom and Maria.

I enjoyed the first "My Boyfriend is a Monster" graphic novel, and I like this one even more because the story is more original. The romance part is predictable, of course, but the rest of it was more surprising. I wish it was longer so the characters could be developed more--I like them, but I don't feel like I really got to know them. That said, I thought this was a fun, quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment