Monday, June 27, 2011

Carter Finally Gets It

by Brent Crawford, 300 p.

Carter is 14, loves the ladies, and a high school freshman.  He also has a wicked case of ADD, a psycho older sister, and is desperately trying to avoid the nickname Slappy (thanks to an unfortunate incident on the high dive).     On top of all that, he's trying to deal with being cool, a mortal enemy, and figuring out girls (especially Abby, the hottie on the drill team).  All of this is bound together by Carter's hilarious inner voice.

I loved this book SO much.  Thanks to a wonderful recommendation from Sarah, I listened to it on audio and would be laughing so hard during my commute I was surprised I made it to work every day.  Plus, it really fills the whole "guys read" for the teens niche.  I'm definitely thinking this is "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" for the hit-with-the-puberty-stick set.

Loved it!

1 comment:

  1. This one is so hilarious on audio! I'm so glad you liked it-now to listen to the sequel!!

    ReplyDelete