Thursday, March 29, 2012

Guilty Pleasures

by Laurell K. Hamilton
266 pages

This first book in the Anita Blake series is definitely full of action.  Anita is not your average petite girl.  She is a zombie animator and a vampire executioner.  She's great with knives and guns.  She's smart, strong, stubborn, witty, sarcastic, and a little bit quirky.  (Okay...I really like Anita.  I'm obviously gushing.)  Anyway, there have been a slew of mysterious vampire murders recently, and the master vampire has decided that Anita is going to be the one to solve them.  Though Anita's not exactly willing, the vampire master makes her an offer she can't refuse.

There is plenty of blood and guts in this novel.  I thought there would be some romance in this book, but that element is surprisingly absent.  However, I have the feeling that future novels in this series will have a more romantic feel.  I'd recommend this book to female horror fans, and I will probably attempt to read the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment