Sunday, July 31, 2011

You Wish by Mandy Hubbard



2010/272pgs

About the Book: When Kayla's sweet sixteen turns into the party she never wanted and instead a client preview for her mom's party planning buisness, Kayla makes the wish "I wish all my birthday wishes came true because they never freakin' do." The next thing Kayla knows, she has a lifetime supply of gumballs, a life size plastic looking guy is showing up at her door claiming he's her boyfriend, and a real life My Little Pony is in her backyard. She has to figure out a way to stop this before her last year wish comes true-that she would kiss her best friend's boyfriend.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: This one was cute, but a bit too long for my tastes. I thought the story could have wrapped up sooner and it dragged a bit. I also thought the wishes could have been more creative. Most of Kayla's wishes have to do with things coming to life, which got a bit old. There is lots of humor and I think teens who like lightharted, funny novels with a touch of romance will enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment