Sunday, July 31, 2011

In A Heartbeat by Loretta Ellsworth



2010/217pgs

In A Heartbeat has two points of view-Eagan, an ice skater who had one tiny mistake that ended in her death, and Amelia-the recipient of Eagan's heart. Amelia begins to feel like she's taking on parts of her donor's personality and interests and wants to know more about her donor.

I liked this book, a lot more than I thought I would, but I still could have done without the two points of view. I can see where Eagan's story was needed so we knew more about her and her influence on Amelia, but I didn't really care about her wanderings in her half-heaven that she was stuck in. Each chapter startedr the same, so it was a bit boring. Having her story added a sadness to the story as well, so I'd give this to fans of Lurlene McDaniel. I did like Amelia's storyline and I found her character interesting. I also liked that the subject matter was unique and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment