Sunday, July 31, 2011

Afterschool Charisma: Volume 3

by Kumiko Suekane, 199 pages

Shiro tries to process newly revealed, life-altering possibilities as his clone friends and the St. Kleio staff begin their skills expo. But those plotting against the academy, and some of those plotting within it, send the carefully constructed event--and the carefully constructed lives of those participating--into chaos.

Yikes! The Director, whom I didn't trust before, is now on my official heartless-villains-I-hope-suffer list, despite his goofiness. He may be good for laughs, but I fear for the physical and mental well-being of any character sharing air with him. He exemplifies that disassociation in which the clones are seen as valueless beyond their capacity to contribute to the pocketbooks of those with power. I might hate him.

I want to read the next book! Who's alive?! Who has escaped? Who's really up to what and how are they all connected?! And how has all this mess changed those who remain?

No comments:

Post a Comment