Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Feast of Snakes

by Harry Crews
p 177

This book club selection has already been accurately and descriptively blogged by KimF. Harry Crews is an acquired taste, much in the same genre as Carl Hiassen. Characters and a story so richly bizarre and twisted that you are either going to be repulsed or enthralled. I was the latter, and found the dark humor that lies beneath such a tragically common, yet strangely uncommon tale.
I must admit though, the ending threw me for a loop, and in some ways diminished what I had been laughing about (and at) through the first 2/3 of the book. Yet, I gotta admit I loved it and would recommend his book "Body" as another great train wreck!

Giving it a Rock and Chalk, only because many readers would find it totally inappropriate!
PS Kansas is looking to be ranked #1 after this weekend.......go hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment