Monday, July 30, 2012

Blade of the Immortal: Volume 24: Massacre


by Hiroaki Samura, 202 pages

What the title says, man.  What the title says.  Just not where / how the reader (or most anybody else) expected it.

Wow.  I guess that's one way to get your point across.  Anotsu's one crazy, sneaky, cocky guy.  I had to laugh at all the dropped jaws (including my own) in his wake.  I also had to stifle a few giggles with the shinobi duo and Rin and Manji.  But I did not laugh one iota when Kagimura's boss's unfortunate envoys encounter the cockroach on the road.  I hate him so, it makes me ill.  I can handle sex and violence in my reading, but I do not so much handle them well together, and Shira revels in mixing the two in the most horrible ways (and as much as I love Samura's beautiful, detailed artwork, I do wish he'd leave just a little more to the imagination when it comes to this monster).  Until he's well and truly dead so I may mentally stomp on his ashes, a little piece of me is going to be a nervous wreck every time I open a new volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment