Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blood Red Road by Moira Young

459 pgs/2011

Saba has lived in Silverlake all her life. When one day mysterious strangers arrive and her brother is kidnapped and her father is murdered, Saba and her younger sister are on the run. They have to save her brother Lugh before the king gets to him.

This was an interesting dystopian, although it took me awhile to get through it. There is no puncuation and the dialect is odd, so it was hard to get a grasp of the narrative for awhile. I finally downloaded it on audibook and tried it that way, which made it easier for me to follow along and make distinctions between the characters. It wasn't my favorite dystopian novel-it was very long and there seemed to be lots of stops along the way of the major storyline, but I liked it enough to keep reading (or listening) and I think it'd be a good readalike for The Hunger Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment