Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan

2011/352pgs

A futuristic Sleeping Beauty tale. What should have been a short stasis turned into a sixty-two year sleep for Rose.

The story was a bit slow and it's light in the science fiction aspects, but I think fans who are interested in science fiction will still enjoy it. While it has a fairy tale story to it, the fairy tale part doesn't feature too heavily.

The thing I had a hard time getting over was how when Rose was in stasis, Xavier grew older. First she knew him as a child, then a tween, and suddenly they're dating because she hasn't aged but he has. This was sort of creepy to me and I had a hard time getting over this part of the story.

I did enjoy it and it's an interesting take on a familiar story. Readers who want a bit of tech to their stories should enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment