Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Five Wishes

By: Gay Hendricks, 149 pp.
www.5wishesbook.com


I believe everyone has at least one wish that they have told someone about one time in their life. I know I have anyway.

In "5 Wishes," Gay Hendricks tells us how he had a conversation with a stranger at a party back in the eighties, and how that conversation has changed his life.

Hendricks explains his five wishes as if he were on his deathbed and how just by changing his wishes into present tense statements from what he had wished had happened can make a difference in how you see your wish and how you can make it come true for yourself.

Example: "Past tense: I wish I had a better relationship with my family. Know why you are saying this and then change it into the present tense. Present tense: I have a wonderful relationship with my family." Just by saying something in the present tense helps make it more positive for you and you can work with what you have and keep making it yet better instead of droning on about what should have been.

The last section of this book is for the reader to actually put their words into writing. Hendricks has given us a worksheet. He also tells us his website has the worksheet for free. I have mentioned the website above.

John Gray, PHD: "Five Wishes can help anyone find the power within to change their life."

While living on this earth, why should we be unhappy? If there is somehow to become happier with ourselves and with our lives, why not try to change things to feel that happiness we deserve?

Yes, this is a bit of a spiritual book, but it is also a (sort of) self-help book. It depends on what is needed in your life as you are reading this book to decide what it means to you. I am glad I picked up this book to read. It came a perfect time in my life.

If you need some light reading or you are looking for something more in your life, I highly recommend "5 Wishes" by Gay Hendricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment