Monday, July 25, 2011

The Best and Hardest Thing by Pat Brisson



2010/240 pgs

About the Book: Molly has always been smart, dependable, and she thinks it's boring. She's going to change this year. So when bad boy Grady seems to like her, Molly decides she'll be the girl to get his attention. She gets Grady's attention and ends up with a decision that will the hardest choice of her life.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: Oh, teen pregnancy books-you could have a genre all your own! For me, this one was just OK. There are many, many entries into the teen pregnancy genre, and this one didn't stand out to me in any way. I liked that it was in verse and would give it to fans of verse novels for sure. But as far as a great contemporary read, I didn't think it was anything special. It's been a few weeks since I read it and I really can't remember much about it. I do think teens who like "issue" books or teen pregnancy stories will like it though-since it's a verse novel it's a quick, easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment