Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Your & My Secret: Volume 7

by Ai Morinaga, 180 pages

Akira and Momoi's body switching has been found out by Momoi's parents, who pay her grandfather's allowance. Threatened with being cut-off financially, the old man finally agrees to fix the machine that caused all the trouble in the first place. Akira is thrilled at the thought of soon being back in his own body, but no one is telling Momoi, since she's content and thriving where she's at and would probably just get violent and sabotage the machine again. In the meantime, Akira's seeing to the needs of his new "parents" and buying Momoi's dad a Father's Day tie and making him breakfast and speaking to him kindly and respectfully, none of which the harried man is used to. Akira's also putting off telling his former-best-friend-now-boyfriend Senbongi about the imminent switch, knowing he'll be heartbroken. The day of the switch arrives and Akira and Momoi's parents implement their plan to lure Momoi to the house. Everyone is in place, buttons are about to be pushed....

I find it odd how affecting this silly, slightly naughty series can be. I want Akira to stay put--voluntarily! I want the truth to be revealed to Momoi's girlfriend Shiina and Akira's family, so everyone can decide for themselves where their happiness lies. There's only one volume left, but with Tokyopop's U.S. demise (don't even get me started on that rant), who knows if or when we'll get to read it. I may just have to make up my own satisfactory ending in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment