Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Three Incestuous Sisters" by Audrey Niffenegger

176 pages

Three sisters live together in a beautiful house by the sea. One is beautiful, one is smart, and one is "talented" (aka, magical). They get along wonderfully until a man enters the picture and falls in love with the beautiful sister, which drives the oldest sister mad with jealousy. She'll stop at nothing to get what she wants, but when she finally goes to far, she realizes that she's made a mistake that will tear her family apart for years.

This graphic novel is just a little to weird for me (and that's saying a lot). I found the drawings especially creepy. I wasn't really thrilled with where the plot went, either. The sparse text left little room for explanation or characterization; I felt like there was something I was supposed to be getting from the illustrations, but I just wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment