Saturday, April 30, 2011

Perfect Soup by Lisa Moser, illustrated by Ben Mantle



2010/40 pgs

About the Book: A mouse wants to make the perfect soup and is in need of a carrot to complete his meal. He sets out on a search for his perfect ingredient, but is soon owing favors to those he meets along the way. With the help of a friendly snowman, the favors will be finished and the perfect soup will be made.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: I'm a bit mixed on what I think of this book. It's a cute story and the illustrations are adorable. I think my adult reader self took over though when I read it. I kept getting annoyed at all the people for asking favors instead of just being nice and helping! And I got annoyed that the mouse kept ignoring the snowman. But it does have a good message/lesson and could lead to a good discussion, especially if younger readers feel the same way as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment