Saturday, April 30, 2011

Press Here by Hervé Tullet



2011/56 pgs

About the Book: Press Here-on the yellow dot. See what happens? Another dot appears! Follow the instructions in this interactive, imaginative picture book.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: I LOVE Press Here! One of my favorite picture books of the year! I loved what the Booklist review said "without so much as a single tab to pull or flap to turn, this might be the most interactive picture book of the year."-so true and I couldn't agree more. The book encourages the reader to use their imagination and believe in the magic of the book. Tilt the book left and the dots fall to the left side of the page, shake the book and the dots spread all over, clap and they enlarge. It's too much fun and I couldn't help myself from wanting to play along and take part.

I also read this one with my niece, who loved it. The text is simple and instructs the reader on what to do next. It's also congratulatory and encouraging and praises the reader for doing a good job.

With fun, creative, interactive books like Press Here, who needs ebook apps?

No comments:

Post a Comment