Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cycler


Lauren McLaughlin

256 pages

For four days a month Jill is Jack. This isn't just a name change for those four days Jill is a boy and Jack isn't very happy about this arrangement either. Jill is always trying to forget about her little problem like her mom wants while Jack learns from Jill and wants out of his prison.


I picked this book up because I was intrigued by the cover. The story is decent but confusing. We don't know why Jill turns into a boy or if she and Jack are even the same person. There are a few interesting side characters but we don't really know them. The ending came much too fast and was abrupt. There is a sequel which I plan on reading just for clarification. This was a strange read and reccomend it if you have nothing else to read.

2 comments:

  1. I remeber when this book came out and just from the plot is sounded like a very odd book. I want to know why she changes and I hate that it's a confusing story. It has a interesting premise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They never explain why the change occurs and I guess we're just supposed to accept it. Ugh! is how this book made me feel. Maybe the sequel will contain answers, I'll get back to you on that.

    ReplyDelete