Sunday, March 27, 2011

Composed by Rosanne Cash



I've always been a fan of Rosanne Cash's voice and her music has been the background for some of the moments in my life, so I was excited to read her memoir.  It was pretty good.  I appreciated learning what was behind some of her lyrics and I appreciated her struggles with perfecting her craft and wondering if she was good enough.  One of the reviews read, "With her cool crisp prose, Cash never makes a drama out of a crisis."  I agree.  She might come across as self-indulgent when she's dropping the names of famous people or getting a little carried away with the big words, but she writes from a straightforward place that's refreshing.  This is definitely not a dirt-slingfest and I hope she is as forgiving of faults as she seems.
If you like Rosanne Cash or are currently struggling to make it as a singer/songwriter then this is a pretty good read.  If you don't know who she is or you aren't that interested in her music, you can probably skip this book. 
Kim F

No comments:

Post a Comment