Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bitter End


By Jennifer Brown

368 pages

Alex doesn't have the perfect home life but her two best friends Zack and Bethany are her family. When their senior year begins they plan a trip that means everything to Alex. A new boy Cole comes into the picture and Alex can't believe her luck and finding a cute boy that likes her, even loves her. Slowly the relationship becomes more toxic and Alex alienates herself from all her friends until Cole's love becomes deadly.

I enjoyed the story of Bitter End quite a lot. I would have liked to see more of Alex's friends but that alienaton and lonliness reflects what abusive relationships do in terms of cutting people off. It also brings to light how easy it is to forgive some one that is not treating you well. Overall an insightful look into domestic violence for teens but the ending could have been more finished.

3 comments:

  1. Was this an ARC of yours? I would really, really like to borrow it if you were willing to loan it out. I adored "Hate List" and have been waiting very patiently for Brown's second novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I snagged it from one of the teens doing the ARC teen reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KatieO-I have an ARC, one of my teens has it right now, but I'll send it your way when I get it back!

    ReplyDelete