Monday, January 24, 2011

Matched

by Ally Condie, 369 pages

Cassia lives in a society where every decision is made for her from what she eats to the person she will marry to when she will die.  The system is perfect, so she doesn't question it until a technical glitch from her Match card throws her life into chaos. 

This was one I had to stay up late to finish.  The story was compelling from the beginning.  Condie creates a rigid world where characters have little room to break the rules or make any choices for themselves.  She raises questions about the value of free will and the ability to create.  I'm recommending this one to anyone who will  listen with the warning that the end will leave you waiting for the sequel.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked it. I've been trying to get into this one for months and I just don't like it! But I'm glad other people are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete