Monday, January 24, 2011

The Boys by Jeff Newman

2010/40pgs

About the Book: A new boy has moved to town, but he's too shy to join in the baseball game.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: I love this little picture book! It's a wordless picture book (the only words are the days of the week) and it's the story of one boy's week and his desire to play baseball in his new town.

The illustrations are cute, although at times felt a bit undone. (There's a bird on one page that appears to missing a head!) The storyline may be a bit hard for younger kids to follow, but with the help of adult guiding them, I think they would enjoy it. I'm not sure if kids would get the humor as much as kids, but I found it hilarious!

The whole book reminded me of a Pixar short. Definitely worth looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment