Monday, January 24, 2011

"The Lost Hero" by Rick Riordan

557 pages

I didn't want to get my hopes up about this Percy Jackson sequel series, but I loved it! It's got all the silly humor and exciting action of the original Percy Jackson books, and I think Riordan does a good job of letting us readers know what the original characters are up to as well as introducing us to some very likeable new characters. The ending is clever and has me hooked, ready for the second book ("The Son of Neptune," which comes out this fall). My only complaint is that there is a lot of running around in the middle that was hard for me to follow, but it didn't last very long.

2 comments:

  1. I read this before Christmas and was happy that this book had the same appeal as the Percy Jackson series. I read "The Red Pyramid" and really struggled to get through the book, so I was a little nervous for this one. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, I felt exactly the same way about "The Red Pyramid"! That's why my expectations were low for "The Lost Hero." Maybe I'll just stick to his books that are about Greek mythology!

    ReplyDelete