Monday, August 27, 2012

Dead and Gone

Charlaine Harris
312 pages

The shape-shifters have finally decided to come out of the closet and announce their presence to the world.  Some people take this news better than others.  If that weren't enough, trouble is brewing amongst the fairies, and Sookie is an unwilling participant.  The fairies are beginning to wage a war over whether or not fairies and humans should interact.  Since Sookie is part-fairy, this puts her in danger of being attacked by the anti-human fairies because they think she is an abomination.  In the middle of all this, a were-panther ends up dead, and Sookie must use her skills to investigate.

I'm not a big fan of the fairies.  I wish Harris had left this part out.  I think Sookie had enough going on in her life without them.  However, I still love Sookie and will continue to read these novels.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this Sookie novel yet, but I get what you're saying about the fairies. Sometimes I feel like authors just want to throw every weird thing they can think of to make their books stand out! Still, I love this series too.

    ReplyDelete