Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pirate Boy

by Eve Bunting Illustrated by Julie Fortenberry 29 p.
I decided I should read some new picture books in case someone comes in and asks for a suggestion when my co-workers who do the story time and children's' activities aren't available.
I picked up this one because I see Eve Bunting's name all the time in the children's books, but I don't think I'd read one of hers before. This book was fun, colorful, and sweet. It reminded me of the same theme as Love You Forever by Robert Munsch. The boy tells his Mom he wants to be a pirate. She says fine and that she will come and get him when he is tired of being a pirate. Then he asks many what ifs of dangerous situations he could get in which are pirate related - pirates, sea monsters, etc. His Mom has a solution for each one on how she could save him.
This would be good for any kid, especially those pirate fans I am sure are out there (I was one as a kid). Probably better for kids 10 and under. This would be a perfect fit for a mom wanting read a book to or with her kid.
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment