Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stories I Only Tell My Friends

Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe
308 pages

This book definitely will go on my top 10 books for 2011. I am not normally a nonfiction reader but do like biographies. I think everyone will be surprised at the story of Rob Lowes life. His detailed stories of what it was like growing up, when his parents got divorced and what it was like to live down the street from the Sheen's growing up. It is riveting! He saw himself as a nerd in school and was always trying to figure out how to be the "cool" kid. He reads the audiobook version and it is really amazing. He doesn't seem to hold much back and really gives you an inside look at what it was like to be a young actor. His reading is great as you would expect but the voices he uses for characters like Cary Grant, Tom Cruise and Martin Sheen are really entertaining. I loved it and look forward to reading it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment