Friday, September 2, 2011

Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips



2011/387 pages

Another one of Phillips' quirky southern charmers. This is part of the Wynette Texas series, but I jumped in midstream with this one. Phillips is one author who can always make me laugh.

After ruining her best friend Lucy's wedding to the town's favorite son, Meg finds herself stranded in Wynette without funds or transportation. She is forced to take menial, dirty jobs or face jail time for her unpaid motel bill. Phillips goes a bit far in arranging this scenario, which seems a little flimsy at times. However, her characters never fail to charm and amuse her readers. She has an ear for sharp dialogue so her books are especially fun to "read" on audio.

I had a bit of a hard time buying into the romance between Meg and her tormentor, Ted, but I was curious enough about Meg's predicament to hang on until the end. Remind me to never run out of gas and money in a tiny Texas town!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of this author - this was a good book, not totally my favorite, because it was hard to keep up with all the characters from past books. I wish she would have focused more on the current hero and heroine. I didn't feel like there was enough of them. But still a good read.

    ReplyDelete