Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins



2011/338 pgs

Never did I think I'd fall in love with a boy named Cricket, but sigh..Cricket is pretty awesome! This is a companion to Anna and the French Kiss, so we get some glimpses of Anna and St Clair, but if readers haven't read the first book, this one stands on it's own.

I was a bit annoyed that Lola had a boyfriend-why do all of Stephanie Perkins characters have to be in a relationship? But without it, we wouldn't have much conflict I guess. It made it worse because in the beginning I kind of liked Max. I did like how it gave Lola something to work through and be conflicted over and her emotions felt real. I also really liked that she didn't immediately go for Cricket-she's a smart one that Lola!:) This is a nice coming of age story and romance that left me sighing in delight. More from Stephanie Perkins please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment