Saturday, April 9, 2011

Radiator Days


by Lucy Knisley, 316 pages

Filled with semi-autobiographical stories and lots of tangential trips into crazy day dreams, Radiator Days is a hodge-podge collection of school assignments, travel diary comics, and other miscellaneous work chronicling illustrator Lucy Knisley's college days and some of her early career.

I first ran across Lucy Knisley when I grabbed her book French Milk off the shelf on a whim. She thinks a lot like me. Her books are like little glimpses into her brain and I love it because she is just as crazy and snarky as I am. She is also an insanely talented illustrator. The artwork was so much fun and matches her whimsical personality.

Laugh out loud funny, bizarre and heartwarming, this graphic novel did not disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment