Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Hunger Games


Suzanne Collins

374 pages


Katniss Everdeen spends most of her time caring for her mother and sister Prim in District 12. She hunts with her friend Gale and just tries to make it through every day. Every year The Hunger Games are held with twenty-four contestants (one boy and girl selected from each district). The contestants must fight to the death with only one winner left standing. When Prim is chosen to go Katniss goes in her place along with Peeta the boy chosen from her district. Who will win? I'm not telling.

I had this on my reading list for quite a while but this weekend I read the whole trilogy. I found the story to be engrossing and could not put the book down. There are a lot of books based on dystopian futures but this is one of the most original. I highly reccomend the whole series.


*New York Times Notable Children's Book 2008

*School Library Journals"Best Books 2008"

No comments:

Post a Comment