Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Heart You, You Haunt Me


Lisa Schroeder

227 pages



Ava is a happy teenager with the perfect boyfriend until he dies in an accident. Her world is shattered and she doesn't know how to go on without Jackson. Luckily for her he comes back as a ghost and haunts her.


I was very intrigued when I learned the plot of the book and felt that I had to read it. I did not realize the book was written in verse so that was a surprise but a good one. The pace was fast since the chapters were really one to three page poems. I felt like the story ended when our main character was just starting to change and it felt a bit abrupt. Overall a great insight on grief and putting your life back together after the death of a loved one.


*ALA Quick Pick for Reluctant Young Adult Readers

2 comments:

  1. Make sure you read Chasing Brooklyn, which is the companion novel. I liked it even more. And we're hosting Lisa for a Skype visit in June, so you'll have to come!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will put that on my to read list and I will totally check out the Skype visit.

    ReplyDelete