Friday, March 11, 2011

Twist of Fate: The Miracle Colt and His Friends by Chris Stuckenschneider, illustrated by Kevin Belford

2009/32 pgs

About the Book: An accident causes a semi to overturn, trapping the animals inside. This is the story of the animal rescue and the miracle colt that was born.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: I sort of wonder if the reason this is on the Show-Me Awards list is because it takes place in Missouri. I don't really know what the point of this book was. Was it to tell me about the accident? Was it about the animals survival? It tried to do a little bit of both and because of that I don't think the book works at all. Instead it has no real plot and I found it boring.

It's told from the point of view of Twist of Fate, the colt who was born after the accident-his mother was on the truck and was pregnant at the time of the accident. Throughout the pages are also pictures of other surviving animals and short bios about them. I didn't think this worked all that well because it didn't tie in well with the story Twist of Fate was telling. I found the whole book choppy and wasn't impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment