Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Monkey With a Tool Belt and the Noisy Problem" by Chris Monroe

"Early one morning, Chico Bon Bon awoke to a loud noise in his tree house..."

Chico Bon Bon is resting in his tree house when he hears a strange noise. With the assistance of his handy toolbelt he sets out on a mission to identify the noise and solve the problem. Readers will be shocked and tickled to discover what Chico finds in the laundry chute.

This sequel to "Monkey With a Tool Belt" is an exciting installment in what I hope will be a growing series from author Chris Monroe. The artwork is vivid, whimsical and so much fun to explore. With over 17 rooms in his tree house and more than twenty tools in his tool belt, I found myself getting lost in exploring with Chico as he searches for the source of the noise in every room of the house. Monroe's attention to detail is brilliant and so funny.

Excellent illustrations and a great pace of a story, kids of all ages will enjoy this latest adventure with Chico.

1 comment:

  1. I read this story, KatieO, and I loved it! Cute! I especially liked Chico's hear-a-lot tool..... :)

    ReplyDelete