Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Dr. Horrible and Other Horrible Stories" by Zach Whedon

78 pages

I LOVE the web series Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, so I was super-excited when I saw this collection of short stories about Dr. Horrible and the rest of the crew. Here, in these mini graphic novels, we see the backgrounds of the characters come to life. We learn how Moist got moist, why Penny is single, how Billy became Dr. Horrible, and more. I especially loved the story about the Evil League of Evil reeking havoc on the city while the superheroes are off on a retreat.

This is a great collection for Dr. Horrible fans who want some more information about the characters to put the blog in context. It's also just fun in itself! My only complaint is that it's too short. Some of the stories could have been developed more, and of course I wanted more stories since I enjoyed the ones in the collection so much! Perhaps there will be more to come? I hope so!

2 comments:

  1. I want more too! I hope we get more comics or webisodes or something-I love Dr. Horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I've got my fingers crossed for more webisodes, but I'd take anything!

    ReplyDelete