Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Adventures of Nanny Piggins


by R.A. Spratt 240p.
What a fun read! This title was recommended in a recent staff training session on reader's advisory for youth services staff. The title and cover art drew me in immediately. I would describe this story as a charming mix of Mary Poppins, Nanny McPhee and the Series of Unfortunate Events books all rolled into one minus the darkness and impending doom of the Unfortunate titles. I actually laughed out loud a few times (I know that's difficult to believe from me). I thoroughly enjoyed this unforgettable walk through a fantasy world where a chocoholic pig could ring the doorbell and inquire about a nanny position. Sure beats her former job as a circus performer. Don't even bother to ask about the cannon or the ballet dancing bear. Just sit back and relax. Nanny Piggins has everything under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment