Sunday, October 28, 2012

"City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments #2)" by Cassandra Clare

453 pages

Clary's life has sort of become a mess since she found out that werewolves, vampires, and faeries are real and that she is a demon-slaying Shadowhunter. Her mom is in a magically induced coma, and she just found out that the boy she thought she was falling for is actually her brother. But now things are getting even more crazy: someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. It seems that Valentine--Clary and Jace's evil, deranged father--is behind the killings, which are part of an even bigger, more sinister plan. When the second Mortal Instrument, the Soul Sword, is stolen, it seems that all is lost. Clary and her friends have to pull out all the stops to keep Valentine from starting a war between Shadowhunters and Downworlders. 

I think this is the last Mortal Instruments book I will read. I rarely don't finish a series I start, but I just can't handle any more of these. I'm not sure why they annoy me so much because I really like the Clare's prequel series, the Infernal Devices. I guess I just don't like these characters as much. And yeah, I'll come out and say it--I just can't handle the incest stuff. I have a feeling that Clary and Jace will turn out to not be brother and sister, but it's still gross that they make out and are so hung up on each other when they think they're siblings. I'm sort of interested in what happens, but I think I'll just read up about it on Wikipedia and save myself some time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment